The clicks from your Blink camera are meant to be an alarm. And also, it is necessary to use batteries with a voltage comparable to that of the camera’s original batteries to power the device. The AA lithium batteries with 1.5V are an acceptable substitute for them. These should continue for at least two years, which is a respectable amount of time.
Why is my Blink Camera Clicking?
The clicking sound your camera produces most of the time serves as a warning rather than an indication that the camera is malfunctioning. Your Blink camera is likely clicking to let you know that you need to replace the batteries. That it has caught a video, or that there is a problem that needs your attention, such as a battery that has become loose.
The following is a list of potential causes for the clicking sound that your camera produces.
- It’s almost time to swap out the batteries.
- Imagine that your batteries don’t have much life left in them.
- The clicks from your Blink camera are meant to be an alarm.
- It is necessary to use batteries that have a voltage that is comparable to that of the camera’s original batteries to power the device.
- The AA lithium batteries with 1.5V are an acceptable substitute for them.
Update your Camera firmware
Amazon takes immediate action to close any security holes that can put its customers at risk by releasing software upgrades whenever it discovers such holes.
Regular updates on your Blink devices are required to take advantage of the newly released security patches.
If you are unsure how the power cycle works, you may take the batteries out of your camera and put new ones in.
This procedure will automatically connect your device to the Blink servers automatically and upgrade your device to the most recent available version.
Turn Off Photo Capture
Try to picture this. One day, when you were fiddling around with the settings in your Blink app, you suddenly heard the shutter button on your Blink Mini camera clicking. It’s possible that you activated the picture capture function by mistake, which would explain this issue.
This compels the camera to take photographs at various time intervals. When it grows darker, the camera’s infrared light comes on, and this causes the shutter to click more often.
Following are the steps that need to be taken to disable the picture capturing function in the Blink app:
- Launch the software known as Blink.
- Go to the Settings menu after selecting the camera model you want to use.
- Make sure the button under Photo Capture is toggled to the OFF position.
Try to replace your batteries.
- Imagine that your batteries are starting to run low.
- The Blink camera will begin clicking to notify you of the situation.
- The original batteries that arrive with the camera need to be changed with comparable voltage batteries.
- Lithium AA batteries with 1.5 volts are an acceptable alternative.
- These should last for at least a couple of years, sufficient time.
- If you replace the original batteries with incompatible AA batteries, the clicking sound will most likely remain after you do so.
- Batteries that use alkaline and batteries that may be recharged are also dangerous since they can cause harm to the camera.
- Many people who use Blink cameras are confused by the battery problem since the battery indication never changes.
- Change the batteries in your camera to see if the problem is resolved, and check the battery signal to see if the battery is complete even if the camera is still clicking.
When there is an internal camera problem, fix it.
Suppose you have examined the picture capture setting, changed it, and replaced the batteries in your Blink camera. In that case, your camera’s clicking sound may result from problems inside the camera itself.
- You may check the functionality of your camera by charging it straight via a USB connection.
- If the clicking sound stops, the problem may lie with the battery.
- If the problem persists, you’ll have to get in touch with support and submit a ticket.
In this scenario, it is possible that specific components of your camera need replacement or repair, and it would be in your best interest to seek the assistance of a trained expert in this endeavor.
The camera may be wrong; consider it.
If you have double-checked to ensure that you are using the appropriate batteries and that the option to take photos has been turned off, you may need to replace the camera. There is a technique to check whether or not you need to dig out your warranty before doing so. Since bad batteries may cause the issue, it’s in your best interest to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.
Provide electricity to the Blink camera via the USB connection so that you may execute this test. Does the sound of blinking still take place? If there is no longer any sound, you will need to check to see if you are using a battery that is not compatible with your Blink camera. It is impossible to use any other kind of battery beside a lithium 1.5 V AA battery in a blink camera.
If the camera keeps making the clicking sound even though it is being powered via the USB connection, the camera will probably malfunction and need to be replaced. The most effective action in this scenario is to get in touch with Blink’s customer care and submit a ticket. The troubles may be caused by any of several internal issues they might be able to fix or replace.
The use of blink cameras as security equipment is highly recommended. They come with many different characteristics and are manufactured by a reputable firm. If you have a Blink camera that makes a clicking sound, we hope this post is helpful and offers a solution.
If you still have questions after reading this, you may contact the Blink support team. Amazon has promptly addressed prior security breaches by releasing software upgrades. The company is unquestionably dedicated to making the Blink camera the most effective security camera available to customers.